Tuesday 19 January 2016

Gwen Stefani Urban Decay Limited Edition Palette!


I have always loved Urban Decay for eye shadows they're always so pigmented and are so easy to work with. I have an undying love for my Naked palettes which are an essential in my make up collection. But when I saw the Gwen Stefani palette and it immediately caught my eye from the colours which have been put in this palette are all golds, nudes and browns which are my go to colours with two colours which are perfect for a pop of colour.




The packaging for this palette is amazing! You can feel the quality in it with it having a magnetic lock on it and the metal casing for it. You can tell this is Gwen Stefani's from the style of it from them being inspired from her love of black and white graphic prints and antique gold accents which really does reflect in this packaging. You can tell that your money is well spent and that it has been made really well. I managed to pick mine up from FeelUnique during the Black Friday Sales for only £36! This palettes price is £40 which for some people it is pretty expensive but again you pay for what you receive which you definitely won't be disappointed in this purchase!

So let's have a look at the palette...

The shades in this palette are creamy with a velvet texture to them aswell as being easy to apply, you can really build up the colour to get either a intense colour or just a subtle shade of colour. These eyeshadows really relate to Gwen Stefani's looks as she usually does go for a nude eye and sometimes a pop of colour which explains the pink and blue which are in the palette. Three of the shades in this palette are from Urban Decay's Collection and the other 12 are brand new. There is quite a mix up in the shades from some being matte and some being shimmery. All the colours work well together so you can either create day looks and then simply darken these up with the darker colours to make it a night look. The pictures don't do the palette any justice on how amazing these shades are.

(L-R. Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady, Punk)
(L-R. Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone, Serious)
(L-R. Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987, Blackout)
Even though I don't think I will use the pink and blue shades as much I will try my hardest to use them because they are amazing! I was pretty surprised when I swatched these I was expecting them to be pretty bright which the pink isn't it's a subtle baby pink with flecks of shimmer in it - which I think I will be able to incorporate this into some looks the blue however I still need to think about that, but it would be amazing for a night out!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is even considering buying it because with it only being limited edition you don't want to miss out and then regret not getting it because I know I would if I didn't get it. Want to grab one for yourself? Check it out here.

Have you tried the Gwen Stefani palette? Are you thinking of getting it? Let me know in the comments!

Until Next Time,

Paige x

No comments:

Post a Comment